Community and diversity
We are dedicated to building long-term partnerships with organisations that are committed to supporting youth, education and improving the quality of life of people through a combination of pro bono, community programmes, volunteer support and sponsorship.
We currently support three projects that promote connecting our communities to create positive change:
- Mothers Project
- Homework HELP club
Our annual Fundraising Month is another key component of our community investment programme. This year we raised more than $8,000 for The Neonatal Trust and more than $20,000 for the Child Poverty Action Group. Last year we raised $44,000 for Women's Refuge and $53,000 for Child Cancer Society in 2015.
Our firm's culture is built on empowerment, diversity and inclusion. As part of this commitment, we've signed up to a diversity reporting framework on gender and ethnicity representation within our firm. Find out more at championsforchange.nz
We're also involved in some great initiatives to encourage and support diversity:
- Tupu Toa scholarship programme
- Mentoring programme – Kelston Girls’ College
- Internal learning and development activities such as unconscious bias, and targeted cultural training; and
- Major Partner of Global Women
We’ve also been recognised for our commitment to diversity:
- Diversity Works NZ – Highly Commended in the Empowerment category
- New Zealand Law Awards – Community Service Law Firm of the Year
- Asia Women in Business Law Awards – Best New Zealand Firm for Women in Business Law
- Australasia Women in Business Law Awards – Best Mentoring Programme
If you have passion for the law, value integrity, respect people and seek a stimulating career – then we would love to hear from you.