Sir David Gascoigne
Consultant - Corporate and Commercial
Sir David is an experienced consultant, who is able to provide an independent perspective on legal and other issues within the corporate and the arts sectors. He began his legal career with Watts and Patterson (now Minter Ellison Rudd Watts), where he became Chairman of partners. His area of legal practice was primarily in the corporate area.
Sir David has broad experience as a director in both private and public sectors. He is also active in arts and cultural activities and has held many senior positions, including an involvement in the lead up to the Rugby World Cup 2011.
Sir David held office as the Judicial Conduct Commissioner from 2009 to 2015. He has been the Independent Reviewer of the Auditor General’s audit allocation processes (2007 to 2013 and 2015) and has acted as a consultant to the Auditor-General.
- LLM Victoria University of Wellington
- LLB Victoria University of Wellington
- Chairman of Trustees New Zealand Opera Foundation Trust
- Chairman New Zealand Film Production Fund Trust (known as Film Fund 1)
- Trustee Wellington International Arts Foundation
- Arts and Culture
- Film and Entertainment
- Awarded Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit (KNZM) 2009
- Awarded inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award from Victoria University of Wellington 2006
- Awarded Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit (KNZM) in 2005 for services to the arts and business
- Awarded Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in 1989 for services to film