Partner - Employment
Leading our Auckland Employment team, Gillian is an internationally recognised employment law specialist with a pragmatic approach that is highly valued by clients. Gillian is passionate about the future of work and the challenges organisations face both locally and globally.
Gillian specialises in risk management in business arising from people. She is regularly sought as a thought leader on the future of work and complex pieces of legislation such as the Holidays Act and strategic Industrial Relations advice. Gillian advises on all aspects of risk management relevant to the full breadth of employment law issues, including:
- Protection of confidential information and restraints of trade
- Worker status, contingent workforces and flexible working models
- Industrial relations
- Health and safety including bullying, harassment and well-being
- Regulatory issues
- Human Rights and discrimination
Gillian has practiced employment law in top tier law firms in Scotland, England and New Zealand.
Collective bargaining for Refining NZ
Advised Refining NZ on its union collective bargaining, promptly securing a new collective agreement with minimal disruption through industrial action.
- 2010, New Zealand
- 2003, England and Wales
- 2000, Scotland
- LLB (Hons), DIP LP, University of Glasgow
- Collective Bargaining
- Employment Agreements
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Industrial Relations
- Redundancy and Dismissal
- Restraints of Trade
- Ranked as a leading Employment lawyer, Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Ranked as a Leading Individual – Labour and Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific