Leading law firm, MinterEllisonRuddWatts, has been named as a finalist in multiple categories including Large Law Firm of the Year, Employer of Choice, and Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year in this year’s New Zealand Law Awards.
Senior Associate Tayla Johnston has also been nominated for Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year.
The firm’s Chief Executive, Andrew Poole says: “We’re delighted to have been awarded excellence and named as a finalist in several categories – which is great recognition of our firm’s commitment to our staff and to our clients. We are proud of our firm’s stellar reputation for creating and delivering the best solutions for complex legal challenges, and providing advice that is helping to shape New Zealand’s future.”
The firm’s award categories and deal nominations include:
- Large Law Firm of the Year
- Employer of Choice
- Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year
- M&A Deal of the Year – Acquisition of Partners Life by Dai-ichi Life
- Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year – Financial restructuring and recapitalisation of Kurow Duntroon Irrigation Co; and Receivership of Optic Security Group Limited and related Sale of Subsidiary
- Debt Market Deal of the Year – Senior Debt for Tourism Holdings Limited as part of merger with Apolllo Tourism and Leisure
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – Futureverse roll-up and Series A capital raise
- Mid-Market Deal of the Year – Acquisition of The Better Health Company by Nestlé New Zealand; and Next Capital sale of New Zealand’s largest urban bus operator to Kinetic NZ Holdings
The New Zealand Law Awards celebrate excellence within the legal profession, recognising outstanding achievements advising on the country’s largest and most complex deals, commitment to delivering excellent client service, and leading legal expertise.
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner on Thursday, 23 November in Auckland.
Read more of our related insights.View all insights